Silly rabbit, cannabis is for adults! But seriously, this recipe is perfect for anyone who wants a filling meal that’s easy to make and fun to share–just not with the kiddies! Blaze it and praise it!
We’ve teamed up with chef Monica Lo, creator of Sous Weed and co-founder of Weedhorn to deliver this beautiful Easter creation to get your taste buds rolling.
Medicated Chocolate Rabbit Ragu
• 1/2 lb Rabbit legs and thighs
• 1/4 cup shallots – diced
• 1/4 cup carrots – diced
• 1/4 cup celery – diced
• 3 Tbsp tomato paste
• 1/4 medicated chocolate bar – I used Kiva Confections (15g THC)
• 1 cup dry red wine, like pinot noir
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 3 Tbsp butter
• Salt and pepper
• Parsley – garnish
1. Set sous vide water bath to 64ºC (147.2ºF)
2. Seal rabbit legs with butter using the water displacement method and sous vide for 2 hours.
3. Remove from water bath and shred the meat. Discard the bones.
4. In a cast iron over medium-high heat, Sauté onions, carrots, celery until soft. Add tomato paste, shredded rabbit meat, and mix well.
5. Add red wine and reduce until 1/2 of the liquid is gone. Remove from heat, add in medicated chocolate, and mix until fully incorporated. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve over pasta and garnish with parsley.